Thank you to all who were able to participate in our last Progress Teleconference. Below are a few helpful tips presented by Dr. Jill Hamilton, Katherine Hamilton, and Michele Strom:
- Build a rapport at recruitment: part of what keeps our participants in the study is consistent staff who are friendly and who they can trust!
- At introduction of the study, utilize visual aids (timelines, graphs) to present the study timeline and commitment, and explain study visits. Make commitment manageable.
- Mention the benefits of participation: extra care; track growth and milestones through reports which can be given to parents
- Maintain communication log to keep track of communication and note patterns (i.e. when parent on holidays, etc.); this will also show parents that you are considering their schedules
- Book next appointments at time of a study visit