Looking back at our accomplishments in 2014
- As part of the Expansion Plan, ten new CONCEPTT sites have been activated in 2014:
JOIN US IN WELCOMING THE FOLLOWING NEW SITES TO THE CONCEPTT TRIAL!
1. Manchester University Hospital NHS Trust – Manchester -UK
2. Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh – Edinburgh – UK
3. Sheffield Teaching Hospitals – Sheffield – UK
4. Glasgow Royal Infirmary – Glasgow – UK
5. St James University Hospital – Leeds – UK
6. Royal Victoria Infirmary – Newcastle – UK
7. South Tees Hospital NHS Trust – Middlesbrough – UK
8. University Hospital Southampton – Southampton – UK
9. Centre Hospitalier de l’Université de Montréal(CHUM) – Montreal – Canada
10. Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec – Québec – Canada
- We surpassed our Recruitment Monthly Goal with a record of 20 recruits in December, 2014!(9 pre-pregnant and 11 pregnant participants.)
Keep up the great work!
- Two collaborators meetings were held in 2014:
1. The UK Collaborators Meeting, held in Cambridge UK on July 17-18, 2014
2. The Canadian CGM Meeting held in Canada on September 18-19, 2014.
During both meetings, the new and active sites received training on clinical interpretation of CGM readings, new diabetes management algorithms, electronic data capture and trial management.
Looking forward to a productive year 2015
- As part of the Expansion Plan we hope to activate 5 more sites during the first quarter of 2015
- Completion of the Pre-pregnant arm by February 2015 and Pregnant arm by the end of 2015.
Please continue to make every effort to recruit pregnant women that meet the eligibility criteria. In order to reach 214 pregnant recruits in 2015, 13 to 16 pregnant women need to be recruited monthly. “Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.” – Samuel Johnson
- Following the DSMB’s recommendation, a Safety Review will take place after 110 patients have been recruited (50%) in the pregnant cohort. As of February 10th, 2015, 77 pregnant women have been recruited.
- If you are planning to attend the DIP Symposium April 15-18 in Berlin, Germany (8th International DIP Symposium on Diabetes, Hypertension, Metabolic Syndrome & Pregnancy), we would like to invite you to attend a CONCEPTT Collaborators “Meet and Greet” that will take place at this Symposium. We are happy to announce that Dr. Denice Feig will be presenting the CONCEPTT trial. We look forward to seeing you all there!
The CONCEPTT Team