We would like to remind everyone that it is very important that we get in contact with all participants to complete their 24 month visit, as the information in the 24 month visit form will contribute to our primary outcome. Please continue to try and book the 24 month follow-up even if the participant is outside of the visit window.
Here are a few things to keep in mind while conducting your follow-up:
- Inform parent/guardian about what the follow-up visits will involve (ie. types of measurements, nutritional & health related questions).
- Remember parents may be hesitant to have their child’s blood drawn at the 24 month visit; therefore, inform the participant that blood work is optional.
- Offer (if feasible) to visit participant’s home to conduct follow-up, in particular for the 24 month follow-up visit.
- If site coordinator has been unsuccessful in consenting participant, the site PI should communicate with participant directly.
Authorization to Release Personal Health Information (PHI)
- If parent/guardian is still not willing to participate in the study, ask for their authorization to release PHI from their primary health care provider, and have them sign the form. This form will allow you to obtain height and weight measurements, which will contribute to the primary outcome of the study. You may require REB approval.
- If participant agrees to sign the consent form, have them also sign the authorization to release PHI form. This will allow you to obtain height and weight measurements in case the participant is unable to attend a visit or has a visit outside of the visit window. You may require REB approval.